The Answers: How did you do?
1. “Wise men learn by others’ harms. Fools scarcely learn by their own.” Poor Richard
2. “Therefore, ask [a] blessing humbly and be not uncharitable to those that at present seem to want it…”Poor Richard
3. “Do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words.” Proverbs 23:9, the Bible (NIV)
4. “They that won’t be counseled can’t be helped.” Poor Richard
5. “But they soon forgot what he had done and did not wait for his counsel.” Psalm 106:13 (NIV)
6. “I, even I, am he who comforts you.” Isaiah 51:12 the Bible (NIV)
7. “But dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that’s the stuff life is made of.”
8. “So in everything do to others what you would have them do to you.” Jesus’ words, Matthew 7:12, the Bible (NIV)
9. “A friend loveth at all times.” Proverbs 17:17, the Bible (NIV)
Whose advice are you following? Make sure you know whose words guide you before you choose your path. Read your Bible!
Congratulations to Dawn R. of Snowflake, Arizona, who not only had all the correct answers, but was the first to respond. Great going, Dawn! She is the winner of a stick-on panic button that will be a great feature on her computer or dash board!
[Jo Russell is a Christian teacher, speaker, author of many articles, contributor to several anthologies, and Which Button Do You Push to Get God to Come Out? A Humorous Devotional for Women, Intermedia Publishing, 2011. For more chuckles, keep checking her weekly blog on Button-to-God.com.]